The destructive power of mother nature has left Japan in the most unimaginable state. One can only move forward by continuing to find survivors and miracles.
- Amid the silent corpses a baby cried out - and Japan met its tiniest miracle, a 4 month old baby
- Rescuers found the 70-year-old alive inside her home four days after the black tidal wave wiped out much of the region
- 60-year old Hiromitsu Shinkawa survived two days at sea by clinging on to his floating rooftop
Here is an English translation of the voiceover exchange between the two reporters in the clip (translation courtesy of Toshiyuki Kitamura):
- Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami fund, text REDCROSS to 90999 or go to redcross.org
- Save the Children's Japan Earthquake Tsunami Children in Emergency fund, text JAPAN to 20222 or go to savethechildren.org
- GlobalGiving’s Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief fund, text JAPAN to 50555 or go to globalgiving.org
- International Medical Corps relief efforts, text MED to 80888 or go to internationalmedicalcorps.org.