Friday, April 1, 2011

My Running Journey

I found this great video that reminds me of my running journey. I first started out with my first 10K run in April 2010, to a 1/2 marathon in June and now working my way up to a full marathon this year!

It's now exactly a month away from running my first full marathon...a total of 42K on Sunday, May 1, 2011 at the BMO Vancouver Marathon http://www.bmovanmarathon.ca/. I'm excited! It's not only about achieving the goal of finishing a a full marathon for me, it's also about enjoying the journey. Through the training, the forever friendship, the laughter, the pain, the commitment, the determination, the encouragement, the achievement, the teamwork...this one is dedicated to my running buddies Yvonne, Mike, Trevor and Denis and also to all of you who have supported me with encouraging comments on Facebook, Twitter, directly to me and spiritually. You all are making this one of the most unforgettable experience!

I love every quote in the video so I'd thought I'd write them down below:



Running changed my life as it will change yours, just give it a chance. Once you get that blood moving, it's show time! - Wilfredo Melendez, US soldier

Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be. - George Sheehan

The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy. It's not age, it's not diet. It's the will to succeed.

We may train or peak for a certain race, but running is a lifetime sport. - Alberto Salazar, American runner and coach

I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement. It's a state of mind. A state of mind says anything is possible. - John Hanc, running writer

Pain is nothing compared to what it feels to quit.

Some people dream about success...While others wake up and work hard at it.

Sun is delicious. Rain is refreshing. Wind braces us up. Snow is Exhilarating.

There's really no such thing as bad weather. Only different kinds of good weather.

Running is one of the best solutions to clear a mind.

Every run is a great run!

Give it everything you got!... because in the end, it's all worth it!

You can do anything when you put your mind to it. If you have any fears or doubts...forget about and just do it! Don't ever let somebody tell you that you can't do something. You want something, you go get it!




No comments:

Post a Comment